- Directors: Armando Iannucci
- Producers: Adam Tandy, Kevin Loader
- Writers: Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche
- Genres: Comedy
- Actors: Tom Hollander, James Gandolfini, Chris Addison, Peter Capaldi, Gina McKee, Steve Coogan, David Rasche
During an interview on BBC Radio 4’s PM Programme, Secretary of State for International Development Simon Foster accidentally states that a proposed war in the Middle East is “unforeseeable”. Although told off for not following “the line” by the Prime Minister’s enforcer Malcolm Tucker, the statement coincides with a visit by high-up U.S. officials who jump upon the phrase and begin to use Simon, and his hapless new aide Toby, as pawns in an international game.
- Directors: Spike Jonze
- Producers: Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman, Maurice Sendak, John B Carls, Vincent Landay
- Writers: Picture book, Maurice Sendak, Screenplay, Dave Eggers, Spike Jonze
- Genres: Adventure, Drama, Family, Fantasy
- Actors: Max Records, Catherine Keener, Mark Ruffalo, Lauren Ambrose, Chris Cooper, James Gandolfini, Catherine O Hara, Forest Whitaker
The film concerns the imaginary adventures of a young boy named Max, who is angry when his mother, Connie, invites her boyfriend over. After causing one mischievous antic after another, he is sent to his room without supper. Feeling angry and unloved, he then creates a forest bordering a massive ocean, and sails away to an island inhabited by many large imaginary monsters called the Wild Things, who crown him as their ruler.
- Directors: Tony Scott
- Producers: Tony Scott, Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, Steve Tisch
- Writers: Brian Helgeland David Koepp
- Genres: Thriller
- Actors: Denzel Washington, John Travolta, James Gandolfini, Luis Guzman, John Turturro, Gbenga Akinnagbe
A group of hijackers, led by Ryder (John Travolta), take a New York City subway train and its passengers, threatening to kill them if their ransom of one million dollars per hostage is not paid in one hour. Zachary Garber (Denzel Washington) tries to negotiate with the hijackers in delivering the ransom money while saving the hostages. When Garber realizes that time is running out, he voluntarily offers his surrender to Ryder and the hijackers in exchange for freeing the hostages aboard the train.