- Directors: Chris Wedge, Carlos Saldanha
- Producers: Bill Joyce, Christopher Meledandri, John C Donkin, Jerry Davis
- Writers: Ron Mita, Jim McClain, David Lindsay Abaire, Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel
- Genres: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sci-Fi
- Actors: Ewan McGregor, Robin Williams, Halle Berry, Mel Brooks, Stanley Tucci, Dianne Wiest, Drew Carey, Amanda Bynes, Harland Williams, Greg Kinnear, Paul Giamatti, Jim Broadbent, Jennifer Coolidge
In the beginning of the movie, Herb Copperbottom races through the streets because he is elated that he is going to be a father. He and his wife, Lydia Copperbottom, after 12 hours of “labor”, finally manage to construct the baby. His name is Rodney Copperbottom, who becomes a young inventor who dreams of making the world a better place for everyone. Rodney idolizes Bigweld, the master inventor and owner of Bigweld Industries. Rodney has invented a gadget that will help his father clean the dishes at the restaurant. Rodney takes his invention to Robot City to see Bigweld and get a job as an inventor at his company. Instead, Rodney gets to see Ratchet, the new head of the company. Ratchet sees to it that Rodney is removed from the premises. Cappy, a beautiful robot-executive of the company takes an interest in Rodney, and wants to help him. In the slums of Robot City, some old robots known as the Rusties, led by a robot named Fender, befriend Rodney. Ratchet believes the company can make a bigger profit if it stops making spare parts for older robots. Non-working robots are picked up and sent to and melted down by Ratchet’s mother, queen of the ‘Chop-shop’. Rodney, who remembers Bigweld’s ‘See a need, fill a need’, begins fixing old robots. When Ratchet’s mother orders him to stop Rodney, the fireworks begin.